Tennessee Volunteers vs. Alabama Crimson Tide: Game Preview
Can the Vols pull the upset?
Share this tale
- Share this on Facebook
- Share this on Twitter
Share All sharing choices for: Tennessee Volunteers vs. Alabama Crimson Tide: Game Preview
The Tide are up next on TennesseeвЂ™s routine. Picture by UA Athletics/Collegiate Images/Getty Images
It certainly wonвЂ™t be the 3rd Saturday in October once the Tennessee Volunteers (2-2) just take regarding the Alabama Crimson Tide (4-0) on the weekend, however the game means simply the identical to the Vols turn to disturb the Tide and acquire their period right right straight back on the right track.
HereвЂ™s what you need to understand.
Yet again, this matchup features two programs going in opposing guidelines. Alabama simply keeps chugging along, while Tennessee is attempting to get their method once more. The Volunteers started 2-0, but things went south after that. Georgia and Kentucky handed Tennessee their first couple of losings associated with period in convincing fashion.
Alabama, having said that, sits at 4-0. They held down a scare that is upset Ole skip, then managed the number 3 Georgia Bulldogs one week later on.
The Crimson Tide lead the overall show, 56-38-7. TheyвЂ™re presently on a 13 game streak that is winning the show, dating most of the long ago.
Alabama sits that are current a 20 point favorite.
Things To Watch Out For
- Exactly exactly exactly just What into the globe will Tennessee do at quarterback? We saw three dudes under center for Tennessee against Kentucky and Jeremy Pruitt hasnвЂ™t focused on anybody up to now this week. Might it be Jarrett Guarantano once more? Is Brian Maurer ready and healthy for their shot? Or will Tennessee begin the Harrison Bailey age? Where does J.T. Shrout fit?
- Above the rest, Tennessee must enhance things from the return front side. Seven turnovers within the last few three halves of soccer wonвЂ™t permit you to beat anybody, not as Alabama.
- exactly just exactly How will the Crimson Tide play following a massive conquer Georgia? It had been the first вЂgame of this yearвЂ™ within the university soccer globe, so Tennessee could possibly be getting Alabama in a disappointment spot.
- Can Tennessee make the most of A alabama that is below average protection? The Tide ranks just 61st of 77 total groups as a whole protection to date. Alabama pitched a shutout into the last half against Georgia only one week after stopping 647 yards to Ole skip, so which work will Tennessee log on to Saturday?
- RB Eric Gray: Gray doubled the total amount of carries that Ty Chandler saw against Kentucky, plainly the greater amount of https://datingrating.net/okcupid-review effective straight back against the Wildcats. Expect Gray to carry out an abundance of operate in the moving game too.
- WR Josh Palmer: Palmer has to be more included in this moving assault while the clear WR1. Tennessee will probably need certainly to keep rate, so try to find Palmer to obtain a lot of action right right right right here.
- LB Henry ToвЂ™o ToвЂ™o: just What else is it possible to state about any of it man? HeвЂ™s often the most readily useful player regarding the industry and defectively requires some assistance from their offense. Expect plenty of collisions with ToвЂ™o ToвЂ™o and Najee Harrison on Saturday.
- Edge Deandre Johnson: Alabama likes to toss the ball these full times, therefore benefiting from force will undoubtedly be vital. Johnson is among the few players that can win a single on a single matchup when it comes to Volunteers.
Alabama Crimson Tide
- QB Mac Jones: 90-115, 1,518 yards. 12 TDs, 2 INTs.
- RB Najee Harris: 83 carries for 499 yards, 6.0 YPC.
- WR DeVonta Smith: 38 rec. for 483 yards, 4 TDs.
- WR Jaylen Waddle: 25 rec. for 557 yards, 4 TDs.
We would too place the entire Alabama offensive line and receiver John Metchie III on here too. Aim is, Alabama is a well-oiled device about this part associated with the ball, fresh away from scoring 41 points on which numerous consider to function as most readily useful protection into the land. Saturday not much needs to be said here вЂ” Tennessee is going to have its hands full on every level.
WeвЂ™ll see should they can create a result that is similar a year ago, that has been one of several better protective performances from any group against Alabama in 2019.
Nonetheless, this offense may be much more complete. They are able to make and run you better not bring the safeties down because theyвЂ™ll go right over the top through you, but.
Injuries Observe (non-COVID associated)
OT Wanya Morris: Pruitt called him вЂday to dayвЂ™ on Monday by having an ankle damage.
QB Jarrett Guarantano: ended up being referred to as вЂbanged upвЂ™ this week. Tennessee has repped numerous quarterbacks because of the very first group.
QB Brian Maurer: Hamstring, leg
CB Alontae Taylor: Gametime decision
LB Jeremy Banks: Gametime choice
DE LaBryan Ray: Questionable (Elbow)
TE Carl Tucker: Questionable (Hamstring)
Alabama is just a three touchdown favorite for a explanation, plus they appear to be getting Tennessee in the most useful time that is possible. WeвЂ™ll see just what the Vols do at quarterback, but either real means, it does not look like Tennessee has got the firepower to steadfastly keep up.
Pruitt provided Saban their most readily useful shot, and you also discover how poorly he wishes that one, but IвЂ™d be astonished in the event that Tennessee offense is able to compete for the victory on Saturday.