Asian Women Giving Circle, Ask For Grant Proposals 2020
Demand for Proposals 2020
Ladies, Arts & Equitable Personal Change
Deadline to utilize: Friday, March 13, 2020, 5 pm EST
The Asian Women Giving Circle (AWGC) believes tradition can play a crucial role in any technique for social modification. We help Asian United states feminine artists and women-led companies in NYC which are making use of arts and tradition to:
- Result in social transformation that prioritizes equity
- Raise understanding and catalyze action around critical conditions that affect Asian US females, girls and families, and
- Highlight and improve women’s central part as leaders, creators, designers and supervisors of the jobs.
In this cycle that is grant we anticipate awarding specific grants to 5-8 jobs, contingent on available financing. The utmost grant quantity is $15,000. For a description of previous task grants, be sure to go to our site: www. Asianwomengivingcircle.org
TAKE NOTE: beginning this and moving forward, AWGC strongly encourages individual artists to apply year. We’re doubling down on our commitment to help bold and innovate creative vision across all procedures, especially in music, party, drama, literary, performance, artistic and interdisciplinary arts.
Created in 2005, the AWGC is a collaboration of Asian US ladies in nyc that are passionate about amplifying the transformative energy of arts and tradition to bring about modern modification. We promote grassroots philanthropy and pool our resources to invest in tasks led by Asian women that are american utilize their imagination to go hearts, minds and communities become without any fear, bias and injustice.
Who Our Company Is
Launched in 2005, the AWGC is really a collective of Asian US ladies in new york who will be passionate about amplifying the transformative energy of arts and culture to impact progressive change. We have been a donor-advised investment at the Ms. Foundation for females, which distributes our funds entirely at our way.
AWGC funds individual musicians and community groups whose tasks subscribe to progressive social and change that is political. Since our founding, we now have awarded and raised over $1 million meant for over 80 jobs.
Our Mission and Goals
We promote grassroots philanthropy and resources that are pool fund jobs led by Asian US women who utilize their creativity to maneuver hearts, minds and communities become free from fear, bias and injustice.
Our objectives are to:
- Channel more resources into our communities that are local
- Engage a lot more people to buy imaginative jobs by and for our communities
- Shine a spotlight that is authentic our experiences and tales
- Improve progressive change that is social
- Improve the visibility of Asian US ladies doing work that is philanthropic
- This RFP is ready to accept both 501(c)(3) businesses and specific musicians
- Artists and collectives that aren’t 501(c)(3)s must apply under a financial sponsor this is certainly a 501(c)(3) company, that they must record on the application because the using company.
- NOTE: Failure to deliver 501(c)(3) documents or even supply a financial sponsor with the exact same will immediately disqualify the applying.
- All creative disciplines would be considered, including cross-disciplinary work
- Candidates should explain the way they plan to determine and determine effect
- Jobs must:
- Include the arts in a way that is integral
- Highlight women’s leadership and/or role that is central
- Indicate a deep dedication to a certain community in NYC
- Seldom, we shall help a task which has impact that is national
- Funds must certanly be put on particular jobs and cannot support the organization’s ongoing programs, operations, money or endowments
- Applicants may be at any phase within their professions but will need to have a history of developed work that shows their capability to complete the project that is proposed handle the funds required
Everything We Do Not Fund
- Endowment or capital campaigns
- Gear purchases
- Help to handle economic crises or shortfalls
- Solely individual works of creative phrase with little to no or no social justice effect
- Documentation that is primarily of social occasions
- Shows or personalities which do not give a social change analysis or social justice focus
- Pupil productions or tasks connected with a diploma system and scholastic credit
All applications are evaluated by AWGC’s Steering Committee which advances a list that is short of. These finalists are then voted on by all donors who possess added to the pool that is grantmaking via ballot. Last grant allocation choices are manufactured by the Steering Committee and presented to your sponsor that is fiscal Ms. Foundation for ladies. The Ms. Foundation disburses the funds entirely at our way.
Applications should be evaluated by the AWGC Steering Committee based on:
- The quality of the task concept with regards to change that is social
- The prospective impact associated with the task to improve hearts, minds and communities towards equitable change that is social
- The artist’s or organization’s strong commitment to a certain community in NYC (noting once more that individuals have actually seldom funded a task which has had scope that is national
- The main part of Asian US ladies and girls within the project’s framework that is conceptual design and execution
- The artist’s or organization’s ability to accomplish the project and make use of the grant funds effortlessly
- Notification of Grant Awards would be made by mid-June 2020
- All grantees will soon be expected to submit a narrative and economic report at the conclusion regarding the grant 12 months (June 2021)
How to use
This RFP is administered through the funds portal for the Ms. Foundation for females. Applications is going to be accepted ONLY via this process that is online.
Tax-Exempt Reputation Verification
Please supply a copy of one’s organization’s IRS tax-exempt dedication page. If for example the tax-exempt status is pending or you are using under a financial sponsor, connect a copy of the fiscal sponsor’s many current IRS dedication letter along side a finalized Memorandum of Understanding that establishes fiscal sponsorship. Please usually do not connect a duplicate of one’s social protection or tax status that is personal. We are able to just accept a 501()( that is c) page from your own company or your financial sponsor’s company.
Work Examples and Supplemental Movie Application
Work examples and supplemental movie application are optional but motivated. Your work test should preferably be considered a present representation associated with the project’s proposed tasks. ON THE WEB SAMPLES ARE FAVORED. Mailed examples won’t be returned. Make sure to mark your test because of the title of the organization and project.
Appropriate work examples are:
- Backlink to online video clip, CD or DVD (max. Three minutes in total); please include cue instructions and URL (if sharing sample that is online in narrative above
- Rough copies or pictures or scanned pictures (maximum of 5)
- Penned materials (max 10-12 pages) – we shall NOT browse entire scripts, treatments, books etc.
Work examples can be mailed to your after target and must certanly be gotten by 5 pm EST, Friday, March 13, 2020:
Asian Women Giving Circle
C/o Ms. Foundation for females
12 MetroTech Center, 26 th flooring
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Structure for Proposals
Narrative must follow the following structure:
- Type, make use of a 12-point font size and single-space
- Answer most of the concerns into the purchase detailed
- 10 pages maximum ( maybe perhaps not including work sample if appropriate)
- Save in PDF format